Web Design Faq's
Similar questions always seem to arise as we start a new Web project so to be “proactive” and save you from having to ask, here are the answers to the questions we hear the most frequently.
- The number one question we are asked is... What will it cost? Unfortunately, because of the custom nature of our work that's a difficult one to answer. Each project is unique and is different for each client. While our minimum fee for a project is $2,500 some projects have exceeded $20,000. Your needs and goals will determine the cost and complexity of a project. Larger and complex sites obviously will cost more than a simple and small “brochure” site. For all but the most complex projects we will provide a free estimate that will outline the work to be performed and the number of hours we anticipate it taking to complete.
- The second most frequently asked question is... How long does it take to complete my Web site? Again, this depends on the size and difficulty level of your site and our current work load may also affect your completion date. Most projects take around two to three months. If a project takes longer than a couple of months to complete, the most frequent delay is that we have had to wait on content from the client. We’re pretty persistent about getting it, but sometimes clients just aren’t able to give it in a timely manner.
- Clients also often ask... How long before search engines rank my site? Much like getting a new phone number and waiting for the phone books to print the new directory with the number listed, search engines need time to “publish” a new database that includes your site. Due to our successful strategies for marketing your site, the dominant search engines, Google, bing! and Yahoo will normally pick up a site in a few months. The site may not rank highly at first, but can be found for your company name for instance. Ranking at the top of the results can take over a year depending on the search engine. Google in particular performs strangely at times. We have documented them ranking a site on the first page of the results as quickly as two months, only to have them push the site back to page three or four for the remainder of a year. Google also appears to favor older domains, seemingly penalizing newly registered domains.
- Is there a monthly fee for having a Web site? Yes, the monthly fee covers the hosting of your site. Web site hosting is similar to telephone service. You pay AT&T,Verizon or Quest so when someone calls your phone number it rings and connects you. Web site hosting works along the same lines... when a prospective customer searches Google and clicks on a link to your site, or even types in your domain name directly into their Web browser it’s the hosting service that connects them to our Web servers where we provide the requested page to them. Your monthly fee also covers nightly backups of the site, monthly reports of traffic and visitors to your site, the storage space your site occupies on the server and the monthly data transfer (Internet traffic) consumed by the site.
- Will I know how many people come to my Web site? Yes, monthly we analyze the logs from the Web site (that record every visitor to the site and which pages they view) and produce a detailed (nearly 40 pages) report of activity at the site. It contains the number of visitors, the pages that were viewed, which order the pages were most commonly viewed in, which search engines drove traffic to your site, and which keyword phrases were used to drive that traffic. These monthly reports can be accessed via the Web or we can e-mail a copy of them to you.
Still have questions? Want to learn more? Click on a link below...
BANG! Web site design serves clients across the nation from four locations and provides Web site design services to companies large and small.
Request a Quote
3rd Time's a Charm Thanks to BANG!
"I just wanted to take the time to thank all of you for the awesome website that you created for Grill Grip. Without the great website it would not have been possible for the many opportunities that have come across our grill. I started out wanting a strong website and after two failed attempts by other website developers you guys delivered. It was your website that brought Amazon to my grill step. They contacted me by coming across the Grill Grip website and even refused a sample Grill Grip as they were so impressed by the slide show presentation and overall website design that a “real” sample was not necessary." - Patrick Radosevich - GrillGrip.com